TEST

Y A W N I N G P O R T A L

Monday, June 9, 2014

How to Play a Character...

Alexi D. Smolensk, one of the writers of a blog I regularly follow over at The Tao of D&D has recently published a short (114 pg) booklet I thought Id post here.  I received the book on Friday evening and finished it in one reading. I found myself not wanting to put it down and when it ended, I was wanting for more. It is kind a precursor to his up and coming "How to Run: An Advanced Guide to Managing Role-playing Games".

Though some have found his writing style a bit temperamental and brash, I find it refreshing and respect the passion and conviction about everything he has written about the game, running the game and his game world.

I recommend this book to players and particulary to DMs who are passionate about the game and want an insightful and provocative assessment of the game we all love that isn't so kiddy-candy coated as the stuff put out on the shelves these days....

You can find his work at www.Lulu.com


12 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Tom, that is extraordinarily kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The larger book, How to Run: an Advanced Guide to Role-playing Games, has been added to this book above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking a chance on How to Run: an Advanced Guide to Managing Role-playing Games. Just ordered it from lulu. Will write a review when I'm finished.

    BTW, are we acquaintances on G+? If not, feel free to add me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. after 4 years of suffering . my husband left me and my kids hated me for no reason, i got sacked at work without any genuine reasons, i shared tears daily living a lonely life but i was determined to know what is the cost of my predicament, one day as i was going through some articles on the internet i saw a testimony of mrs Vanessa testifying how she got her life revived by dr Ogbeifun the honest man and i quickly contacted him VIA ( ogbefunhearlingtemple@gmail.com ) and i explained my situation to him and he told me my ex who i broke up with to marry my husband was responsible for my misfortune and he vows to frustrate my life because i didn't marry him.
    dr Ogbeifun ask me what i wanted him to do to my ex who is after my life i told him to cast a dead spell on him because as long as he is alive he will never allow me a moment of peace , which he did and within 3 days he was dead and since his death my life have been so transformed, my kids now love me and my husband is back to me i latter got a call to return to work that the sack was a mistake , wow what a miracle .. thanks allot dr Ogbeifun. you can contact dr Ogbeifun via call or whatsapp +2348102574680 or through his email ogbefunhearlingtemple@ gmail. com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Создали недорогое окно эконом в Марфино с глухой и поворотной створками и форточкой, и такой же балконный блок, состоящий из двухстворчатого окна с поворотной створкой, форточкой и глухой створкой и балконной двери с зашитым низом. Также выполнили монтаж по ГОСТ, с лентами, в блочном девятиэтажном доме серии II-18-01 в Москве. Окно имеет размеры 1550 х 1260 мм и две створки. Слева глухая створка, справа открывающаяся створка и форточка сверху. Такую же конструкцию имеет окно размером 1550 х 1320 мм в балконном блоке, только глухая створка справа. Балконная дверь имеет размер 2240 мм и поворотную створку с зашитым сендвичем из фанеры и утеплителя низом.
    Во всех оконных конструкциях установлены двухкамерные энергосберегающие стеклопакеты толщиной 28 мм и формулой 4-8-4-8-4И с низкоэмиссионными И-стеклами.
    Выполнен монтаж окон по ГОСТ, с установкой снаружи паропроницаемой саморасширяюшейся ленты (ПСУЛ), изнутри - пароизоляционной ленты. Монтажный шов был заполнен пенным полиуретановым герметиком. СВ Окна

    ReplyDelete